Specialists in Bad Credit Car Finance
Our team are friendly and approachable and we understand that everybody's credit rating and circumstances are different. We want to help you find a car that suits your needs and is affordable. We also understand that with previous bad credit, obtaining a car loan can be a daunting task so we are on hand to help you through the car finance process.
Missed payments or arrears?
Our finance provider is one of the UK's leading alternative finance companies and they are happy to consider providing finance to people who have missed payments or have a bad credit history.
- Do you currently have an IVA? If so we will need written confirmation from your Insolvency Practitioner that they are happy for you to borrow again. If you have had an IVA in the past which has been settled then you are welcome to apply for our car finance.
- If you are currently in bankruptcy, unfortunately, we are unable to help at the present time. If your bankruptcy has been discharged then we would consider your application for car finance so apply today.
- If you have an outstanding CCJ that does not mean it is the end of the road when it comes to applying for car finance as you can still apply with us and we can review the application.
- If you are self-employed you can still apply for a car loan with us. You will need to supply 3 months bank statements as proof of your income.
How to help improve your chance of approval
- We do not require a deposit but providing a deposit may help your application.
- You will need to provide 3 years' worth of address history and employment history so we can search your credit history, we're unable to perform a credit check until we have these details. A decision can be made faster if we have all of this information.
- Choice of vehicle is an important part of the car finance application. We would suggest you think about the costs associated with your choice of car such as fuel, insurance, tax, MOT, servicing and maintenance costs as these will all have an influence on the affordability of the vehicle.
How to help improve your bad credit
- Try to make sure that all outstanding credit is going down and regular on time payments are being made.
- Make sure all debts are registered in the correct name by contacting your existing creditors to check and update your details.
- Make sure you are on the electoral register. If you are not listed it may become difficult for you to get credit. If you are not currently registered, or are unsure if you are, click here for advice on how to register.
- Finance lenders like to see long term employment history, long term record with the same bank and long term living in one place.
At the World of Cars we offer a range of used car finance options, enabling you to purchase your car in a way that suits your personal finances. Our car finance service can give you approval within the hour. All of our car finance options are FCA approved and fully compliant with the Consumer Credit Act, so you know we are providing the best deal for you.
The World of Cars is authorised and regulated by the FCA as a credit broker and broker finance facilities to Go Car Credit Limited.